8/01/2007

Two new Dharma classes at Jade Buddha Temple

Since my last weekly Dharma classes at Jade Buddha Temple were well received, I was asked to lead two new Dharma courses this Fall. One intermediate course will be the continuation from last class. In the previous class, we finished chapter 1 to 3 of “The way to Buddhahood.” In this term, we will continue to discuss chapter 4. In addition to this intermediate class, I was also asked to offer the same beginning class for members who had not had a chance to take the previous class. Again, in the beginning class, we will cover chapter 1 to 3 from the book. The intermediate class will continue to be offered at the same time, weekly on Sundays from 1:00 to 2:30. The new beginning class will be offered weekly on Fridays from 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm.

Beginning class – Fridays – 7:30 – 9:00 pm – Chapter 1 to 3

Intermediate class – Sundays – 1:00 – 2:30 pm – Chapter 4

I certainly appreciate this great opportunity to offer Dharma talks, to discuss Buddhism, and to get to know the members better. As a monk, spreading Buddhism is my duty. However, I do worry if I will be able to do a good job taking on two courses at the same time. All I know is I definitely will try my best in leading these two classes.

No comments: