5/21/2006

Mr. Chen's Memorial Ceremony

Appearance of auspicious --- Dharma-wheel

The altar decorates plain, but dignified.

The Chen's family offered incense and chanted stutra for the deceased

Today is one year since Shan's father passed away. I held a memorial ceremony for the family. I knew Chen's family in my meditation class. When his father was ill, Shan asked me for some help. When his father passed away, I was the director of the funeral ceremony. After that time, their family help Master out a lot, such as attending the Meditation class, volunteer in the temple or money donation.
I will move out of this house next week. This ceremony should be the last one I hold at their house. There is one Chinese saying, "All good things have to come to an end." I do not know if I will still have chance to teach meditation. However, I will never give up on following my vow. I devote myself to Buddhism, this society, and all of sentient beings.
After the ceremony, we took a picture together to let everybody knows that Master have had work hard these past days.